What is rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation refers to the full range of medical, nursing and therapeutic acts by a group of health professionals aimed at addressing patients’ motor and cognitive problems to promote their capacity for walking, self-care and returning to their family and work.
What are rehabilitation centers?
A rehabilitation center is an appropriate health institution that continues to host a patient immediately after checking out of the hospital in order to help him/ her regain his/her abilities. It combines, in the same structure, high-tech rehabilitation equipment with all those services (medical, nursing, rehabilitation) the patient needs to address problems regarding walking, movement, balance, problems understanding and with expression, swallowing problems, perception and behavior, acid problems and chronic pain.
Why is rehabilitation needed after treatment at a hospital?
In European Union countries, rehabilitation is mandatory after the hospital.
- It prevents serious complications that could put the patient’s life at risk.
- It ensures a shorter time period for the patient’s full recovery.
- Delayed recovery can cause permanent damage that is difficult to correct.
- In neurological diseases, medical problems are complex (paralysis, cognitive disorders, behavioral, speech and language, feeding) and can be treated only in specialized health units, which are found at the rehabilitation centers.
- An elderly person’s organism has reduced recovery capacity and is prone to serious complications.
- Most recovery involves high-tech rehabilitation equipment, medical supervision and specialized rehabilitation.
- It contributes to the economy of the country’s health systems.
What are the criteria for selecting an ideal rehabilitation center?
If you believe that the criteria for selecting a rehabilitation center for your family member only includes the cost, a beautiful environment, distance or comfort, you should think again.
Is safety the most important criteria in improving your family member’s health?
What are the factors that guarantee one’s health security and rapid recovery?
The five factors that ensure health improvement:
✔ Reliable services
✔ Readiness of medical and nursing personnel
✔ Key points of successful patient evolution
✔ Excellence indicators
✔ Information from people you trust
Reliability refers to all of the center’s services from the time of admission until discharge, meaning that “we deliver what we promise”.
Therefore, our developed international certification systems ensure appropriate service and reduce possible errors and omissions.
Certified services, medical, nursing, rehabilitation, and constant check-ups ensure continued quality of service.
The Evexia Rehabilitation Center is certified according to three separate international standards:
- ISO 9001 from TUV HELLAS for the quality of medical services and rehabilitation services.
- TEMOS (Trust Effective Medicine Optimized Services) for the Center’s service reliability, efficiency in medical rehabilitation and best services.
- ISO 22000 from TUV HELLAS for safe feeding.
The acquisition and retention of certifications each year, despite creating significant cost to the organization, is required to ensure the health security of our patients.
Ask for the credentials of every rehabilitation center.
Readiness of medical and nursing personnel.
The readiness of personnel ensures the patient’s proper management in an emergency situation (blue alarm). A special team of doctors and nurses, equipped with automated procedures, make use of emergency equipment in treating the patient.
Key points of a patient’s successful evolution.
Experience, knowledge, proper organization and coordination are key elements of a patient’s successful evolution.
We have 21 years of experience in rehabilitation and scientific knowledge resulting from ongoing staff training at scientific events, with relevant information in terms of medical, nursing and therapeutic developments, along with information on new systems and new technologies. Our staff also gains such insight through participation in scientific conferences, national, European, and international research programs.
The indicators reflect the actual state of the center, much like an x-ray of the quality of services provided.
Such indicators of excellence use all national insurers abroad to evaluate and classify public and private health providers such as public and private hospitals, rehabilitation centers, etc. known by consumers in order to choose similar services corresponding to their profile.
Ask these institutions for excellence indicators.
Obtain information from people you trust.
Ask your relatives, acquaintances and friends about the quality of a rehabilitation center’s services.
Ask them if the center provides the best recovery services at affordable prices.
Ask for us.
Rapid and efficient rehabilitation
The use of modern tools and specialized high-tech equipment, the implementation of new innovative therapeutic rehabilitation methods, and new systems with digital health services are all key elements of differentiated centers because they provide:
- Quicker recovery
- Significantly improved treatment results
- Effective management of the patient’s recovery